Missouri Whitetail Hunting
Still in the top ten of states that have phenomenal deer hunting, Missouri has an estimated deer population of 1.2 million whitetails and on average 500,000 hunters take part in hunting. Missouri hunters continue to harvest over 200,000 deer per year and ranks in the top ten of all states for record deer taken. Missouri tags are available over the counter.If you are looking for a big whitetail buck, check out the different deer hunting opportunities here at Northwest Missouri Outfitters.
Whitetail Deer Hunts
All of our Missouri whitetail hunts are guided and include lodging, two meals, as well as transportation to and from stands. We currently have over 200 pre-hung stands on our over 10,500 acres of managed ground! We pay close attention to the wind and all other contributing factors. Our guides take you to and from the stands. In and effort to make our hunts better, the first hunt after the September 15-19 hunt will start October 16th. The Oct 23rd hunt will be our first full main hunt. Any groups of 4 or more that want any other date prior to the October Hunt please contact us for availability.
2021 Rates & Dates
Early Season Archery
- Sept 15 - 19
- Oct 16 - Oct 20
- Oct 23 - Oct 27
- 4 Day Hunt: Dec 27 - Dec 30
- 4 Day Hunt: Jan 1 - Jan 4
- 1st Week: Nov 13 - Nov 17
- 2nd Week: Nov 19 - Nov 23
Late Season Archery
- Pick Any 5 Days: Dec 6 - 19
Rifle/Archery Combo - 11 Days
- Nov 5-10 & 13-17
- 5 Days: Oct. 30 - Nov 3
- 6 Days: Nov 5 - Nov 10*
(7th day $2,800)
*We have an open day at the end of 6 day hunt if anyone wants 7 days
Harvest / Scoring
- Minimum B&C score
- Main frame 8 pts are 125
- Main frame 9 and bigger are 140
- No restrictions on youth & women
Weapons & Permits
In Missouri, you have a few options to hunt deer. Most clients do hunt whitetails with a firearm - rifles being a choice of many. We do from time to time get some outdoorsmen and women wanting to try out hunting with a muzzleloader. For those archers you can use either a traditional bow and arrow, a compound bow or now it is legal to take deer with a crossbow. Crossbows are great for those who are not quite confident in their ability to shoot a bow and arrow. Crossbow deer hunting in Missouri can also be a great way to introduce a young hunter into the sport.
Below are links to the permits available for deer hunting here in Missouri.
- 50% deposit due upon booking, 50% due at arrival.
- All hunts are guided unless otherwise noted.
- All hunts are five (5) days.
- Additional hunt days may be added by pro-rating.
- All hunts include lodging and two meals.
- Airport pickup requires an additional fee.
We have one (1) farm with a house. Available for unguided hunts 3 hunters max per week. Call for dates and pricing!
- 50% Discount - Children under the age of 18 with paid adult
- 50% Discount - For Women Archery hunts with paid adult hunt